Remember the good old days when Conor McGregor would apologize … TO ABSOLUTELY NOBODY! THE DOUBLE CHAMP DOES WHAT THE F–K HE WANTS!
Since then, we’ve already racked up two formal apologies for misconduct, including the Bellator 187 fiasco, along with the homophobic slur he dropped during one of his Floyd Mayweather press conferences.
One of which was a “shit sandwich.”
While McGregor stopped short of saying “I’m sorry” for the chaos he caused ahead of the UFC 223 pay-per-view (PPV) event earlier this year in Brooklyn, New York (watch it), he did express his regret for the pre-fight bus attack.
“I regret my actions that led me here today,” McGregor said outside the courtroom during today’s (Thurs., June 14, 2018) mandatory appearance. “I understand the seriousness of this matter and I’m hopeful to get it resolved soon.”
He probably will, as “Notorious” is expected to cut a deal that would avoid jail time when he returns to “The Empire State” on July 26. Once that’s completed, his still faces punishment from UFC President Dana White, as well as possible civil action.
“Today we’re here to focus on court, we’re not going to focus on any future plans until we handle this matter,” Manager Audie Attar said. ”Right now we’re in good negotiations with the district attorney, so we’re going to focus on that and we’ll focus on the future later.”
See you next month.
For much more on the McGregor bus attack drama click here.