Tag Archive for responds

Chuck Liddell Confirms He’s Returning To MMA, Tito Ortiz Responds

The post Chuck Liddell Confirms He’s Returning To MMA, Tito Ortiz Responds appeared first on Fightline.

Just when you thought MMA couldn’t get any stranger than it already is.

Former UFC champions Chuck Liddell and Tito Ortiz are one step closer to fighting each other again.

Liddell confirmed on The MMA Hour Monday that he is returning to the sport, as he targets a third bout vs. Ortiz with promoter Oscar de la Hoya.

“I will fight again,” Liddell said. “It’s a real thing. They’re working on it.

Early plans are for November in either Las Vegas or California under the Golden Boy Promotions banner. De La Hoya, a former boxing champion, recently mentioned the idea of getting into the MMA business.

While Ortiz has previously stated he would only return for Liddell, the same is not true for “The Iceman.”

“I miss it. I never stopped missing it. And I kinda hadn’t really thought about it much,” Liddell said (thanks to MMA Fighting for the quotes). “And then when he brought it up and we started getting going, and I started training and I started doing stuff again, getting ready to try to take this on, it made me go, ‘You know what, what if he pulls out? Am I not going to fight? Am I going to do all of this and not fight?’ Oh no, we had to have somebody backing up, and if it doesn’t work out with him, I’m (still) going to give it a shot. It’ll be somebody else, one of the guys from my past probably, most likely, and we’ll see where I’m at.”

Liddell, 48 years old, will have been gone from the sport for eight years this June. He was knocked out by Rich Franklin that year at UFC 115, his third consecutive knockout loss.

Ortiz, who turned 43 years old this year and is 0-2 vs. Liddell lifetime, fought in 2017, besting Chael Sonnen via submission for his first win in three years.

 

 

The post Chuck Liddell Confirms He’s Returning To MMA, Tito Ortiz Responds appeared first on Caged Insider.

Caged Insider

Chuck Liddell Confirms He’s Returning To MMA, Tito Ortiz Responds

The post Chuck Liddell Confirms He’s Returning To MMA, Tito Ortiz Responds appeared first on Fightline.

Just when you thought MMA couldn’t get any stranger than it already is.

Former UFC champions Chuck Liddell and Tito Ortiz are one step closer to fighting each other again.

Liddell confirmed on The MMA Hour Monday that he is returning to the sport, as he targets a third bout vs. Ortiz with promoter Oscar de la Hoya.

“I will fight again,” Liddell said. “It’s a real thing. They’re working on it.

Early plans are for November in either Las Vegas or California under the Golden Boy Promotions banner. De La Hoya, a former boxing champion, recently mentioned the idea of getting into the MMA business.

While Ortiz has previously stated he would only return for Liddell, the same is not true for “The Iceman.”

“I miss it. I never stopped missing it. And I kinda hadn’t really thought about it much,” Liddell said (thanks to MMA Fighting for the quotes). “And then when he brought it up and we started getting going, and I started training and I started doing stuff again, getting ready to try to take this on, it made me go, ‘You know what, what if he pulls out? Am I not going to fight? Am I going to do all of this and not fight?’ Oh no, we had to have somebody backing up, and if it doesn’t work out with him, I’m (still) going to give it a shot. It’ll be somebody else, one of the guys from my past probably, most likely, and we’ll see where I’m at.”

Liddell, 48 years old, will have been gone from the sport for eight years this June. He was knocked out by Rich Franklin that year at UFC 115, his third consecutive knockout loss.

Ortiz, who turned 43 years old this year and is 0-2 vs. Liddell lifetime, fought in 2017, besting Chael Sonnen via submission for his first win in three years.

 

 

The post Chuck Liddell Confirms He’s Returning To MMA, Tito Ortiz Responds appeared first on Caged Insider.

Caged Insider

Rogan Responds To Covington’s Slap Talk

The UFC commentator responded to Covington’s threat of physical violence when they meet at UFC 225.

Joe Rogan doesn’t want any beef with Twitter troll GOAT Colby Covington. That’s the general vibe you get watching Rogan talk to Cameron Hanes during the 1112th episode of The Joe Rogan Experience.

Rogan had previously brought up comments Covington directed at Jon Jones, saying “You’ve got to be careful, watch your f**king words. You’re going to get slapped in the face by a guy who can kill you with his hands.” Covington turned Rogan’s words around, replying “I think Joe Rogan should worry about what he’s saying about me because we might just meet face to face soon in the near future … I might just have to slap him.”

In the latest episode of his podcast, Rogan tried to talk things down.

”Colby Covington, don’t slap me,” Rogan said with a smile. “You said you were going to slap me? Don’t slap me. I was talking s**t. Because I was telling that Jon Jones might slap him. ‘I might slap you!’ I like Colby, I like what he’s doing. He’s talking a lot of s**t, I’m just saying be careful who you talk shit to. Talking s**t to Jon Jones … he’s one of the baddest motherf**kers who ever lived.”

Overall, Rogan likes how Covington is doing things in the post-McGregor UFC landscape.

”He’s making a lot of money, he’s being smart,” Joe said. “The reason Colby is fighting for the title, the reason Colby is going to fight Rafael dos Anjos for the interim title, is not just because he’s beaten good guys, because he has beaten Demian Maia. But it’s more importantly that he’s going to put asses in the seats. Part of the fight business now. There’s pre- and post-Conor McGregor, and post Conor McGregor the game has changed. It’s red panties night, baby. Everything’s different.”

But it wasn’t all compliments about Covington from Rogan.

”That is not really, I’m just going to be honest, this is not the resume of someone who you would normally see fighting for the title right now,” Rogan clarified. “I think he’s fighting for the title based not just on beating Demian Maia, who’s a really tough guy, but on the fact that he’s a controversial, very popular character. Because he talks so much s**t. And talks so much s**t about Brazilians.”

We’ve still got our doubts that Covington puts asses in seats, but I suppose we’ll find out at UFC 225 on June 9th in Chicago when he fights Rafael dos Anjos for the interim welterweight title.

MMAmania.com – All Posts

After Brief Hiatus, Francis Ngannou Responds to Derrick Lewis: ‘I’m Here Now’

Francis Ngannou needed a little bit of time off following his loss to Stipe Miocic at UFC 220.
Recent News on Sherdog.com

UFC 218’s Max Holloway talks potential rematch against ‘retired’ Conor McGregor, ‘Notorious’ responds

Max Holloway defeated Jose Aldo for the second time this year by knocking out the former Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) Featherweight champion in the main event of last night’s (Sat., Dec. 2, 2017) UFC 218 event in Detroit, Michigan.

With “Junior” firmly in “Blessed’s” rear-view mirror, the current 145-pound champion is ready to take on the new cupcake flavor, but if the promotion wants him to have another taste against Conor McGregor, the Hawaiian-born fighter is all for it, though he doesn’t expect “Notorious” to come out of retirement.

“Like I said, I’m the champion of my division and I’ve got to keep everything rolling,” said Holloway during the post-fight press conference. “I’ve got to keep everything going. I’ve got a throne to defend. I’m not going on hiatus. As long as I get contenders, I’m going to fight,” said Max via Pundit Arena, whose next title defense could come against Frankie Edgar. That said, if the chance to rematch McGregor presents itself, he’s all for it.

“But if UFC call me out for that reason, any reason for fighting him, I’ll gladly fight him. If the Conor fight don’t happen, it’s not on my side, I’ll tell you guys right now. It’s not on my side. It’s on their team. Their team is talking about me all the time, they’re talking about how I’m the best guy in the world blah, blah, blah, this and that,” added Holloway.

“Conor… Right now, Conor – really think about this, right now Conor is talking about fighting Paulie Malignaggi in MMA. Just let that sink in, you know. Paulie Malignaggi in MMA. I don’t know what to say. I don’t know what to say after that.”

And earlier today, McGregor and Holloway took shots an one another on social media, as “Notorious” went back to the vault to the night he defeated Holloway — Max’s last loss — in Boston.

Of course, Max’s Twitter fingers didn’t stand by and do “fooking nothing,” as “Blessed” responded by reminding Conor of his accolades, which are an upgrade from McGregor’s time as champion.

Burn.

As far as the possibility of the two men running it back, Dana White isn’t so optimistic, but won’t take anything off the table.

“Again, like I said last week to everybody who was at my office, who knows if Conor is even going to fight again? So, I’m rolling like he’s not,” said White during the presser. “So, yeah, if Conor comes back and defends the title and, you know, anything is possible.”

While fight fans would love nothing more than to see McGregor vs Holloway 2, “Notorious” still has a Lightweight title to defend. Assuming, of course, he handles this other little issue with a certain infamous crime family.

MMAmania.com – All Posts

Nate Diaz Responds to Dana White’s Claim That Woodley Fight Wasn’t Offered: ‘Shut Up B—h’

Nate Diaz had a very typical reaction to Dana White’s claim that Diaz vs. Tyron Woodley was never an option for the UFC.
Recent News on Sherdog.com

Nate Diaz Responds to Dana White’s Claim That Woodley Fight Wasn’t Offered: ‘Shut Up B—h’

Nate Diaz had a very typical reaction to Dana White’s claim that Diaz vs. Tyron Woodley was never an option for the UFC.
Recent News on Sherdog.com

Nate Diaz Responds to Dana White’s Claim That Woodley Fight Wasn’t Offered: ‘Shut Up B—h’

Nate Diaz had a very typical reaction to Dana White’s claim that Diaz vs. Tyron Woodley was never an option for the UFC.
Recent News on Sherdog.com

Nate Diaz Responds to Dana White’s Claim That Woodley Fight Wasn’t Offered: ‘Shut Up B—-h’

Nate Diaz had a very typical reaction to Dana White’s claim that Diaz vs. Tyron Woodley was never an option for the UFC.
Recent News on Sherdog.com

‘Jacare’ Souza Says He’s Accepted Derek Brunson Fight; Brunson Responds, Disputes Date

Ronaldo “Jacare” Souza is a pressure fighter by nature, but he knows how to press an issue outside of the cage, as well.
Recent News on Sherdog.com