Tag Archive for over

Manuwa ‘Gutted’ Over UFC Sao Paulo Withdrawal

Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) was forced to rework its upcoming UFC Fight Night 137 main event, thanks to a hamstring injury suffered by former headliner Jimi Manuwa. Replacing “Poster Boy” in this Sat. night’s (Sept. 22, 2018) FOX Sports 1 extravaganza is light heavyweight slugger Eryk Anders.

More on how that came to be right here.

The decision to withdraw left Manuwa “gutted,” according to his latest Instagram post, but the British brawler promised to get back into the cage just as soon as his leg is all patched up and ready to go.

“They told me it will be a minimum of six weeks recovery time,” he said. “I’ll be working hard everyday to get back so I can continue to put on great fights for everyone to watch. I can’t wait to come back and put on a show for you all. Lions eat first.”

The promotion will be issuing refunds for all the fans who don’t want to stick around, which is understandable, since Glover Teixeira was also yanked from the Sao Paulo main event. Don’t be surprised to see Teixeira-Manuwa rebooked for later this year, or early 2019.

To see the rest of the UFC Fight Night 137 line up click here.

MMAmania.com – All Posts

Leonard Garcia, Diego Sanchez Exchange Words Over Recent Jackson-Wink Drama

Anyone who has been following mixed martial arts for a while knows that Leonard Garcia and Donald Cerrone have a bond as tight as brothers.
Recent News on Sherdog.com

Leonard Garcia, Diego Sanchez Exchange Words Over Recent Jackson-Wink Drama

Anyone who has been following mixed martial arts for a while knows that Leonard Garcia and Donald Cerrone have a bond as tight as brothers.
Recent News on Sherdog.com

Nick Diaz’s Domestic Violence Legal Woes Are Over

Erstwhile UFC star Nick Diaz was supposed to be returning to the Octagon, but after dealing with some USADA nonsense, a female acquaintance went nuclear and had him arrested on accusations of domestic violence.

And of course, nothing derails a comeback like ugly domestic violence charges.

But a friend of Diaz chimed in that the charges were crap, and finally, the judge and the presiding district attorney have agreed. Diaz is a free man.

As per MMAFighting:

The Clark County (Nev.) District Attorney declined to pursue the case against Diaz, the popular UFC fighter, on Thursday morning, according to Diaz’s attorney Ross Goodman. The judge in Las Vegas Justice Court dismissed the case with prejudice, meaning it was dismissed permanently.

Diaz was facing three felony charges, including two counts of domestic battery by strangulation and one for domestic battery with substantial bodily harm. In addition, he was facing a domestic battery misdemeanor charge stemming from a May incident.

Last month, a grand jury ruled not to indict Diaz on any of the charges, but the DA decided to move forward with the case until now.

“We are grateful that the District Attorney’s office was fair and thoughtful in reviewing this case based on the evidence and making the decision to dismiss this matter particularly in light of the Grand Jury’s decision finding probable cause was lacking,” Goodman said in a statement.

Apparently the accuser couldn’t keep her story straight. *Sigh*

Diaz took to social media to thank those who stood by him.

The post Nick Diaz’s Domestic Violence Legal Woes Are Over appeared first on Caged Insider.

Caged Insider

Nick Diaz’s Domestic Violence Legal Woes Are Over

Erstwhile UFC star Nick Diaz was supposed to be returning to the Octagon, but after dealing with some USADA nonsense, a female acquaintance went nuclear and had him arrested on accusations of domestic violence.

And of course, nothing derails a comeback like ugly domestic violence charges.

But a friend of Diaz chimed in that the charges were crap, and finally, the judge and the presiding district attorney have agreed. Diaz is a free man.

As per MMAFighting:

The Clark County (Nev.) District Attorney declined to pursue the case against Diaz, the popular UFC fighter, on Thursday morning, according to Diaz’s attorney Ross Goodman. The judge in Las Vegas Justice Court dismissed the case with prejudice, meaning it was dismissed permanently.

Diaz was facing three felony charges, including two counts of domestic battery by strangulation and one for domestic battery with substantial bodily harm. In addition, he was facing a domestic battery misdemeanor charge stemming from a May incident.

Last month, a grand jury ruled not to indict Diaz on any of the charges, but the DA decided to move forward with the case until now.

“We are grateful that the District Attorney’s office was fair and thoughtful in reviewing this case based on the evidence and making the decision to dismiss this matter particularly in light of the Grand Jury’s decision finding probable cause was lacking,” Goodman said in a statement.

Apparently the accuser couldn’t keep her story straight. *Sigh*

Diaz took to social media to thank those who stood by him.

The post Nick Diaz’s Domestic Violence Legal Woes Are Over appeared first on Caged Insider.

Caged Insider

Nick Diaz’s Domestic Violence Legal Woes Are Over

Erstwhile UFC star Nick Diaz was supposed to be returning to the Octagon, but after dealing with some USADA nonsense, a female acquaintance went nuclear and had him arrested on accusations of domestic violence.

And of course, nothing derails a comeback like ugly domestic violence charges.

But a friend of Diaz chimed in that the charges were crap, and finally, the judge and the presiding district attorney have agreed. Diaz is a free man.

As per MMAFighting:

The Clark County (Nev.) District Attorney declined to pursue the case against Diaz, the popular UFC fighter, on Thursday morning, according to Diaz’s attorney Ross Goodman. The judge in Las Vegas Justice Court dismissed the case with prejudice, meaning it was dismissed permanently.

Diaz was facing three felony charges, including two counts of domestic battery by strangulation and one for domestic battery with substantial bodily harm. In addition, he was facing a domestic battery misdemeanor charge stemming from a May incident.

Last month, a grand jury ruled not to indict Diaz on any of the charges, but the DA decided to move forward with the case until now.

“We are grateful that the District Attorney’s office was fair and thoughtful in reviewing this case based on the evidence and making the decision to dismiss this matter particularly in light of the Grand Jury’s decision finding probable cause was lacking,” Goodman said in a statement.

Apparently the accuser couldn’t keep her story straight. *Sigh*

Diaz took to social media to thank those who stood by him.

The post Nick Diaz’s Domestic Violence Legal Woes Are Over appeared first on Caged Insider.

Caged Insider

Nick Diaz’s Domestic Violence Legal Woes Are Over

Erstwhile UFC star Nick Diaz was supposed to be returning to the Octagon, but after dealing with some USADA nonsense, a female acquaintance went nuclear and had him arrested on accusations of domestic violence.

And of course, nothing derails a comeback like ugly domestic violence charges.

But a friend of Diaz chimed in that the charges were crap, and finally, the judge and the presiding district attorney have agreed. Diaz is a free man.

As per MMAFighting:

The Clark County (Nev.) District Attorney declined to pursue the case against Diaz, the popular UFC fighter, on Thursday morning, according to Diaz’s attorney Ross Goodman. The judge in Las Vegas Justice Court dismissed the case with prejudice, meaning it was dismissed permanently.

Diaz was facing three felony charges, including two counts of domestic battery by strangulation and one for domestic battery with substantial bodily harm. In addition, he was facing a domestic battery misdemeanor charge stemming from a May incident.

Last month, a grand jury ruled not to indict Diaz on any of the charges, but the DA decided to move forward with the case until now.

“We are grateful that the District Attorney’s office was fair and thoughtful in reviewing this case based on the evidence and making the decision to dismiss this matter particularly in light of the Grand Jury’s decision finding probable cause was lacking,” Goodman said in a statement.

Apparently the accuser couldn’t keep her story straight. *Sigh*

Diaz took to social media to thank those who stood by him.

The post Nick Diaz’s Domestic Violence Legal Woes Are Over appeared first on Caged Insider.

Caged Insider

Nick Diaz’s Domestic Violence Legal Woes Are Over

Erstwhile UFC star Nick Diaz was supposed to be returning to the Octagon, but after dealing with some USADA nonsense, a female acquaintance went nuclear and had him arrested on accusations of domestic violence.

And of course, nothing derails a comeback like ugly domestic violence charges.

But a friend of Diaz chimed in that the charges were crap, and finally, the judge and the presiding district attorney have agreed. Diaz is a free man.

As per MMAFighting:

The Clark County (Nev.) District Attorney declined to pursue the case against Diaz, the popular UFC fighter, on Thursday morning, according to Diaz’s attorney Ross Goodman. The judge in Las Vegas Justice Court dismissed the case with prejudice, meaning it was dismissed permanently.

Diaz was facing three felony charges, including two counts of domestic battery by strangulation and one for domestic battery with substantial bodily harm. In addition, he was facing a domestic battery misdemeanor charge stemming from a May incident.

Last month, a grand jury ruled not to indict Diaz on any of the charges, but the DA decided to move forward with the case until now.

“We are grateful that the District Attorney’s office was fair and thoughtful in reviewing this case based on the evidence and making the decision to dismiss this matter particularly in light of the Grand Jury’s decision finding probable cause was lacking,” Goodman said in a statement.

Apparently the accuser couldn’t keep her story straight. *Sigh*

Diaz took to social media to thank those who stood by him.

The post Nick Diaz’s Domestic Violence Legal Woes Are Over appeared first on Caged Insider.

Caged Insider

Nick Diaz’s Domestic Violence Legal Woes Are Over

Erstwhile UFC star Nick Diaz was supposed to be returning to the Octagon, but after dealing with some USADA nonsense, a female acquaintance went nuclear and had him arrested on accusations of domestic violence.

And of course, nothing derails a comeback like ugly domestic violence charges.

But a friend of Diaz chimed in that the charges were crap, and finally, the judge and the presiding district attorney have agreed. Diaz is a free man.

As per MMAFighting:

The Clark County (Nev.) District Attorney declined to pursue the case against Diaz, the popular UFC fighter, on Thursday morning, according to Diaz’s attorney Ross Goodman. The judge in Las Vegas Justice Court dismissed the case with prejudice, meaning it was dismissed permanently.

Diaz was facing three felony charges, including two counts of domestic battery by strangulation and one for domestic battery with substantial bodily harm. In addition, he was facing a domestic battery misdemeanor charge stemming from a May incident.

Last month, a grand jury ruled not to indict Diaz on any of the charges, but the DA decided to move forward with the case until now.

“We are grateful that the District Attorney’s office was fair and thoughtful in reviewing this case based on the evidence and making the decision to dismiss this matter particularly in light of the Grand Jury’s decision finding probable cause was lacking,” Goodman said in a statement.

Apparently the accuser couldn’t keep her story straight. *Sigh*

Diaz took to social media to thank those who stood by him.

The post Nick Diaz’s Domestic Violence Legal Woes Are Over appeared first on Caged Insider.

Caged Insider

Exclusive: UFC’s Dustin Ortiz Discusses KO Win Over Matheus Nicolau, The Title Shot Mix at 125 & More

(This post first appeared on MMAFrenzy.)

MMA Frenzy’s Kelsey Mowatt talks to UFC flyweight contender, Dustin Ortiz, about his recent stoppage win over Matheus Nicolau at UFC on FOX 30. In addition, the veteran fighter discusses his next bout, where he sits in the title shot mix and more.

With the win, the 29 year-old moved extended his winning streak to three and his overall record to 19-7. It also was the second time in Ortiz’s last three fights that he’s scored a first round stoppage.

The post Exclusive: UFC’s Dustin Ortiz Discusses KO Win Over Matheus Nicolau, The Title Shot Mix at 125 & More appeared first on Caged Insider.

Caged Insider